Sunday, July 29, 2018

2 Weeks to Coldwater Steampunk Festival

Festival homepage here.

The town of Coldwater is a remarkable place. Everybody knows Richard Shrivels in Coldwater and the way they boil eggs is oft-discussed. And also, they have an annual Steampunk Festival. I was busy for one of the first ones and out of the country for the next four and excited to attend this one.
Some Facebook pages:

Medieval Swordplay 
Steampunk Festival
Coldwater Steampunk Festival
and Coldwater Steampunk Festival  - Yes, the names are similar or identical but the landing sites are different and I am not sure of the sources.

The theme this year, and I only learned of it today, is Oceanic. I had been trying to figure out how to make a costume for it and this one word has given me some ideas that I should have had days ago. Chiefly, that I should look for faux-leather vinyl to wrap stuff in for a period feel. How did that only come to mind after the unrelated word 'Oceanic'?


No comments: