Sunday, May 14, 2017

TWIC: Sykes' advice, writing platform, writing,

Sykes on Writing
---
I have some suspicions about this product. Everywriter. It was described to me as a Chinese version of Scrivener but free. Friends who pointed it out admired the Chinglish: stories on everywriter don't have a climax, they have an orgasm. Or so I have been told. I guess I'm an everywriter virgin.

---
Canadian Embassy in Seoul Blog is promoting a young writers fiction contest. Entries must use '150' in some way - this is Canada's 150 anniversary! I believe this is an international contest so be sure to find the local embassy's information.
---
non-writers a work. Wait staff don't write the menu, but they might be asked to document how their job works. Here are five tips to help them make intelligible documents.
  1. Create a documentation standard. This will be vital. Without a standard, you’ve failed before you begin.
  2. [This is actually #5. I snipped the intervening ones. Follow the link for the others] Get users to review the documents. Ask them if they can quickly find and understand the information they need. Modify the documents based on their feedback.
---
Microsoft Paint is more powerful than you thought.
---
7 Easy Art Tutorials.
---



No comments: