Thursday, July 26, 2018

TWIC: butter, Tor Library, hot streaks, Quora

Leave out the butter notes: a story that either suggests how to play music better or suggests bad hearing is an excellent aid to creativity.
---
Scalzi on Tor Library and its effects on established authors vs new authors.
---
The abstract from a meta-study on 'hot streaks' in creativity and other fields. The rest is behind a paywall; I would like to read it.
---
Are the arts important? I say yes but there is something desperate in arguments like this one. I don't know, as if there were only one path to arts. That said, artists need to earn a living just as much as the next person.
---
I've just decided I want to learn about the history of horsemanship.
---
Quora diving:
How creative do teachers have to be?
-
Math requires creativity.
-
Creative methods of execution and murder. Asking for a friend?
-

No comments: