Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nov 12

I'm starting this post with a picture of the family drawn by my son.  A big part of this blog is about me learning how to encourage my son's creativity.  My son is on the left, I am in the middle (with the yellow face) and Mom is on the right (apparently she is carrying bread or cakes on her head).




On the first year ESL textbook I use, students are expected to listen to a conversation and fill in the blanks.  It takes too much time for me so I made it homework for my students to fill in the blanks.  The answers are on the next page but upside-down.  Most students turn the book back a forth to read and remember a few words, fill them in, then flip the book again.  This student sped things up by carefully ripping the answers out and holding them right side up next to the conversation.






No comments: