Thursday, January 9, 2014

NYC Midnight Short Story Contest - Feb 7 start

I learned of this short story contest via a Facebook Suggested Post which concerns me.  I see a lot of garbage come up as suggested posts so Caveat Scriptor!

Still, it sounds interesting so I felt I should share it.  After all only a billion people are on Facebook, while two or three people read my blog.  From the website:
The 8th Annual Short Story Challenge is a creative writing competition open to writers around the world.  There are 3 rounds of competition.  In the 1st Round (February 7-15, 2014), writers are placed randomly in heats and are assigned a genre, subject, and character assignment.  Writers have 8 days to write an original story no longer than 2,500 words. ...
There is also a Facebook page.

Ah, finally read far enough to see the entry fee.
 The entry fee is USD $39* before the Early Entry Deadline of January 9, 2014 and then USD $49* until the Final Entry Deadline of February 6, 2014.

*Get $5 off the entry fee just for tweeting!  Click here to post a simple tweet or facebook post to receive $5 off the entry fee.

Don't think I will be entering now.  Glad I read the Facebook comments to learn more.  Anyway, if you are interested, good luck!

No comments: