Norm MacDonald, comedy genius.
I belong to a writing group on Facebook. A colleague asked how best to manage the following word count - I have removed identifying content:
1) 6000 words a month- I have 80,000 words I aim to finish by next Sept - this is my PhD and is of absolute priority.For the blog and magazines, he writes in part for publicity - "get my name out there"
2) 4000 words a month (1000 words a week) - this is for my blog and to keep my writing sharp and varied
3) 1750 a month (2500 words over 2 months) - these are magazine articles I write for some overseas publications
4) 1000-2000 words a month - these will be for academic journals and are a relatively high priority for an academic. Articles are about 8-10,000 words.
5) 500-1000 words a month - this is for creative writing.
I don't have an answer for him but I find his desire to write in different genres and his attempt to be organized at it to be admirable.
A similar question came up on Quora: How do you manage your time when you need creativity to get work done?
Post a Comment