Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Juggling

A few years ago, I put an hour or two into learning how to juggle.  I did not succeed and felt I had put enough time in that I should have seen some improvement.

I found a site that discusses the benefits of juggling and has rekindled some interest.  It's time to put an hour or two more into seeing if I can learn to juggle.

Juggling is a really good exercise for life. It has a lot of the fun parts of a soul sport (working to better yourself, non-competitive activity, etc.) but isn’t dangerous — unless you’re juggling fire or pancakes or something. That’s why I want everyone to learn. I’m offering juggling classes in Hollywood (free for your first class) and an inexpensive (and most helpful) DVD because I want the world to juggle.
I’m sure juggling’s not a cure-all like alcohol, but it does a great job with the following 8 thingies:
brain growth
body comfort
stress relief
focus retention
coordination boosting
being interesting
unboring meditation
----
Via Boingboing.

No comments: