Sunday, October 31, 2010
I'm proud of how the mannikin worked out. The frame consisted of a hiking pole that reached from one ankle to the neck. One bent coat-hanger gave support to the other leg and a fully straightened -but bent once around the hiking pole - coat-hanger worked as the two arms. I used some of my son's Winter wear for the clothes. His insulated pants were the perfect length and included suspenders that I was able to stretch over the arms, helping to tie the whole thing together. Unfortunately, they were heavier than the pajamas I used last year. To reduce the weight a little, I filled the clothes with inflated balloons rather than crumpled newspapers. Still, the weight was a little excessive. The paperclips I used as hooks needed frequent re-shaping.
The mannikin I used last year.
Posted by Surprises Aplenty at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment